Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Like any other regular exercise, bicycling can improve personal fitness, enhance your energy level, reduce stress and stimulate the immune system. It’s also one of the more enjoyable forms of exercise, according to Tina Mayolo-Pic, a former U.S Pro Tour cyclingchampion and a member of the Diet Rite Women’s cycling team- one fo the top-ranked women’s cycling teams in the United States.

“Bicycling is an eassy and fun recreational form of exercise that has real health beneefits,” says Mayo-Pic. “Not only does cycling help improve cardiovascular health and strengthen muscles, it also give you a sense of well-being. It’s also easy to incorporate into your day. On a cycle, you can run errands, commute to work or simply enjoy a leisurely ride through the park”

Exercise needs to be “moderate, habitual and not seasonal.” As per the aurthers of  Pedalling Health – an Australian website with excellent information about cycling. The activities that fully meet this definition are gardening, walking and cycling. However, they donot discuss the health aspects of  gardening or compare it to the other two. In addition, they point out that cycling or walking could help environmentally and econimically. That is, cycling to school, to work, to run errands and to visit friends could reduce the use and expenses of motor vehicles.
Cycling and walking on the other hand, involve little expenditure for equipment, serve useful daily purposes, are practical for people with various fitness levels - including the least fit, and are attractive to people who don't normally exercise. Special bicycles are even available for those with severe physical handicaps.
image from google
Influenced by the above mentions, I went to the nearby cycling park of my university. I never thought cycling would be that tricky. Undeniably riding for the first time, its very perilous. I fled off the road with minor injuries on my thigh and knee. Nevertheless, I am keen at cycling. I always try to be gallant and ride it in a heroic way, yet I couldn’t ride it properly. And as well I was bit ashamed of asking my colleagues to help me in riding a cycle. So, the only likelihood was to browse google and search for tips and watch through YOUTUBE. I did that and attempt  practically early in the mornings and late in the evenings without the notice of my mates or I will be humilated, ha ha…... Thank god and thanks for the advencement, finally my skills of riding a bicycle are improving day by day and couple of weeks later I am pretty good at it.

“A person swims well only if he isn’t afraid of drowning”, so what ever we do intially we need some courage and ofcourse interest and determination matters a lot. Now for me riding a cycle is a stress releaser. Regardless of I am riding purely for pleasure or for a specific purpose. I could arrive my destination feeling relaxed, energised and happier about the world and myself. Moreover, being out on a cycle is just flat-out fun. The more time you spend on two wheels, the harder it is to take myself seriously. Consequently, I explore the campus of my university and nearby sites almost everyday by riding a cycle. If you haven’t, try your self,  its amazing… good for your health …. Ha ha.. 

No comments:

Bottom Ad [Post Page]

| Designed by Colorlib