Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Classes in queue followed by homework’s, assignments, group works and so on. It was an eventful day. We had a daylong lecture and we were bit tiresome. Upon arriving entrance gate on a way back to dorm, we saw a notification affixed by the senior students inviting us to grace the meeting in the early evening. Besides the tedious and hectic schedule we went on with the notion that it might be something purposeful. But to my astonishment it was not a meeting, indeed it was forum for humiliation and insult for the fresher’s. They call it introductory program or something else but I could hardly catch up the names of a single guy present over there, not even the names of my Bhutanese companions, and forget about the Thai names that are complicated and difficult to pronounce for foreigners like us. Instead everyone was jeering, abusing and hauling like jackals.
With such an inhuman act what are they expecting from us? I really don’t understand the reason behind this event. Are they wanting for respect? If so, I must say respect should be earned and not demanded. By means of such an act I think they won’t be respected anymore rather they will be dishonored. Till the approach of this very event I was driven with the conception that guys out here are very lively, frank and generous. But everything seems the other way round as and when I live and experience my life out here. Such a filthy culture is not expected in a reputed and pulsating university. It’s damn frustrating to recall this awful moment, it only adds upon my confrontation and altercation. Opps! I would rather close this chapter.
However, this writing has nothing to do of personal. I have used the word ‘they’ referring only to those who have no patience to deal with mass and believe in dominancy.  I have used the term ‘seniors’ referring only to those involved in the affair showing dreadful examples. Yet, there are people who are concerned of community, working day and night for us, rendering their help anywhere at any time and I respect and honor them.
Despite there are so many good cultures and practices prevailing in this university and this is the only one amid the good. Fragmentation among the student body might weaken our strength as students and may convert every system into non democratic form. So everyone who feels in the way I feel lets join our hands together. Together we can bring some changes. Hope for the better and try creating a wonderful atmosphere rather than polluting and intoxicating the existing.

No comments:

Bottom Ad [Post Page]

| Designed by Colorlib