Post Page Advertisement [Top]


If ever the sicknesses bind the friends and families together, drive the attention from everyone than I would prefer to be a patient for all times to come. Despite the worries and qualms that grounds in the minds of parents, relatives, well-wishers, friends and of course the soreness and throbbing caused by the disease is the least, togetherness brings a lot more of contentment and serenity in one’s mind.

Having been admitted in the hospital since a week ago I could perceive the love and affection, care and fondness of my friends, lecturer’s, families and so on… Those residing nearby knock time and again while distant keep ringing, dropping bundle of good wishes and messages such as speedy recovery, sound health, get well soon, etc…

Amongst the all, I was dumbfounded when one of my high school friend who is also pursuing her degree in the nearby university knocked my door all of sudden. In deed our parents too are so close and friendly since a long time. We are not just friends; we can be more than friends though we are not associated by blood. I knew she is here (Thailand) and does she, yet we have never met certainly due to heavy work load and busy in our own world. On top of that am just few months old in Thailand and I could hardly find the place until and unless I have the proper address and contact numbers. I am not so accustomed with the dishes and foods that are available here, moreover I have lost appetite and everything taste foreign. I was having a great obscurity further ruined by my sickness.

However, having been informed by one of my friend studying in India, she came with all her heart to bless me with good luck and wishes. Truly a responsible citizen she was guided by Bhutanese culture and practices. Her appetizing Bhutanese dish (shakam paa, phabsha sikam, kewa datshi, suja, zaw, seep) reminds me of the Annual Rimdoo (an annual ritual performing ceremony in every Bhutanese household). I could clearly visualize the merrymaking moments with my family and neighbors during such occasion. What added more was her two friends, who are very lively, with thousand smiles on their faces, verbalize something funny and burst out in laughter. If time permits I would love to sit and chat with such jovial friends. Though for now we have been destined to meet in such bad period yet I prayed and hope to get together during our happy times as well. I wish if I have hundred and one such friends neighboring me where loneliness exists no more than life would be bed of roses. 

5 comments:

Nawang P Phuntsho said...

Hi there. Didn't know you were that serious. Well, I have all my prayers with you. Get well soon and blog a lot. Looking forward to your speedy recovery. Seems you are improving each passing day.
All my regards.

letro said...

Yes, we need more attention from the friends and family members when we are sick or in troublesome, and glad to learn that despite you being away from home, you receive the equal love, care and good wishes at this stage. Life would be more miserable if we are to not connected from the loved ones when we need them best.
Nicer to learn that, you got to taste the real Bhutanese from our old friend, and I would really appreciate her inherent character and nature of being so kind all the time.
As days passed by, so will the ailments in you perish, so when every new dawn, welcome the morning rays with smile and keep your days blissful. Yet take proper medication and food as advised.
Wishing you a speedy recovery. My prayers are with you, Rhigden. Take care.

Unknown said...

@Penster.. sir thank you so much for your prayers and and good wishes.. it brings a lot more of comfort and cheerfulness in my mind .. keep visiting la......

Unknown said...

@leo.. thank you so much for everything.. i would treasure your rosy words and good wishes..

Tandekz said...

Aye.....I am so glad to know that you enjoyed my dishes though its not that good you made me happy.....Friend in need is friend in deed tey menna....Not only that...as you mentioned we are more than a friend.....be it our parents, be it our brothers they were all good friends tey......Now I am happy to see that you are getting better......So take care...... cya

Bottom Ad [Post Page]

| Designed by Colorlib