Post Page Advertisement [Top]

The much awaited four days holiday (w.e.f. 15/07/11) has finally knocked by, it was a time I have listed to shoot a short film.
The filming commenced on Friday 15th July directing and starring

myself with Ugen Dorji and Nyein Chan Aunger on camera. Besides being an inexperienced director, inadequate knowledge of camera has added upon confront. None of my friends have ever taken part in such field and neither have proper skills to handle the camera. Indeed I was the only one who had modest experience as a story and script writer and of course as an actor.
The things are messed up; everything ensued just the other way round. It was damn frustrating and irksome. Nonetheless, we tried our best and put every effort to do to the best of our abilities. And in fact everyone was keyed up and excited at the beginning. Before we could hardly capture few scenes the sun has set its way. We then packed up and went back to the room. Despite our daylong toil, the productivity was not at all good. The lightings were very poor, shots were annoying, camera’s dancing in every angle as if carried by gusty wind and things are not well organized. Eyeing upon it further aggravates and it was a fuel to my resentment.
Besides being an enthusiastic actor and passionate writer I was the one to come up with the idea and instigate the project. I never thought it would be that hectic and frantic. Indeed I have never handled such a messy exertion. Above and a beyond my capabilities everything was disappointing and substandard. Further, while setting up for the next day I was thinking over the night for some elucidation and perceive myself apparently burdened. Nothing else was far better than quitting the cast. And finally I quit acting and focused myself more on directing, camera, lightings and other matters. Well it was much better things are improving. I could see drastic change in it. Everything was picking up the pace. Though lack of equipments and necessities are some factors affecting our work yet the overall upshot was not dreadful. It was bit cheering and stimulating too.
Yet another complexity was as we go on filming for consecutive days, the artist and crews didn’t show up on time. At times it prolongs till midnight filled with annoyance and war of words. I felt like quitting from the middle and leave out the whole thing. Nevertheless I being the one to make the first move I felt ghastly on myself. So neither did I renounce. Perhaps it was all to do with my patience and tolerance.
However, with all our joint efforts and perseverance it has finally come to an end by 18/07/11 and when we gaze at the clips that we have captured during the past few days, we could at least declare that our hard works are not  in futile. Despite our inadequacy the shots were good enough and editor can further perk upon it. And above all it was a wonderful team work and of course a very astringent experience. As well I could learn from it and more importantly it taught me lessons on tolerance and broadmindedness. These are something beyond the classroom knowledge and I suppose we should inculcate such practice so often.

8 comments:

letro said...

Wow, thats great. You can make your own documentary about your life in Thailand no. Thats gonna be more memorable. Yah, for a beginner, everything is difficult and unless we become innovative, have tolerance, take risk and bear with the ambiguities, we cannot move ahead, therefore carry own with more zeal and enthusiasm. cheers bro.

I dun mind if you could share one shot of yours for my personal viewing lol.

Unknown said...

Great! hoping for your own production one day. Any way keep on going....roots of success are formed through hard work. Good things happen to those who are having patience & determined.

Unknown said...

@leo thanks bro... dats a gud idea. as i am keen at it i think i must do that as well if time permits.. and ya i am happy to share it with you for your comments and suggestions so that i can improve upon.

Unknown said...

@sonam trashi... thnks for eyeing upon my blog.. your thougtful comments are boon to my inscriptions and a great source of inspiration.. til then keep visiting.. and leave your explicit comments it values a lot..

PinPin said...

Congratulations on your first film opening in Thailand :) I'm looking forward to watch it. Keep up good work Director!

Unknown said...

@pinpin thankyou very much... but i think you have referred me with inappropriate designation.. lol.. any way i let you know during the premiere show..

Sogyel said...

nice thing to try making out films.........:)

Unknown said...

@ sonam Tobgyyel.. thank you for visiting my blog.. your comments are worth inspirational to my work.. keep visiting la....

Bottom Ad [Post Page]

| Designed by Colorlib