Post Page Advertisement [Top]

It’s a sunny Wednesday afternoon; the panoramic view of the green paddy fields filled the open window. I lifted my weighty head from the pillow and gazed at the wall clock. It was five minutes to 1:00 PM. I was anxiously waiting for the nurse to knock me. In fact I had X-ray, blood and sputum test in the early morning hours and waiting for the report; if it turns out to have some improvements possibly I may get discharged from the hospital. Hurriedly I shut down my computer, shoved in my cloths in the small bag and packed other stuffs. It took hardly few minutes.  It was so silent no one came in. At 2:00 I called the nurse, she told me to wait for few minutes. Semester exams are right under the nose, numerous assignments and projects are piled on the table, am still in the hospital. It has been pondering over my thoughts.
Half an hour later the nurse entered, she smiled and said “you have to be here for few more days”. I remained silent, just nodded my head; she glanced at my face and stepped back. I asked “Is it something wrong with my lungs”? It was a futile gesture. Certainly not! I answered myself. I fell like a wounded animal to the stone surfaced mattress and pounded my fists in rage. It was a ridiculous thought and no less painful for being so. Aches and pains are liberating, things are improving and everything is almost back to normalcy. What’s the problem? Until the previous day I wasn’t so buoyant to move around as some antibiotic drugs and glucose are being hung over my right arm dipped into my vein. Nonetheless, now am free to move perhaps I can go and breathe in some fresh air and enjoy the scenic nature with the gentle breeze. The day passed by.
The crack of the dawn and the chirping birds gives rise to bright sunny Thursday. I made several calls and send numeral text messages to the concerned people saying that I want to get back to the dorm to the earliest. Towards the afternoon my friend from Rangsit University knocked me again. She has also bought some foods. I had it and we were chatting for some time. So surprisingly I received a call from the dorm officer saying that he has come to pick me up. Too glad I geared up to leave instantly.
It was of no surprise when they take me to an empty room and said “you have to be isolated from your friends for several months, while you still take the medicines make sure you have proper diet and have enough rest. Do not sit under the air condition for long.” They have prepared the room in a way different from the rest with a very good flow of fresh air and left no gate ways for mosquitoes to enter. Despite being alone I liked the room and few minutes later my friends have shifted all my stuff from the previous room. It was a warm well come back to the university.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a good news to learn that you are on a speedy recovery. Take good care and hope you get well soon, bro. Get well soon. Wishes and prayers from me...Good night.

letro said...

Its indeed a great relief for us to learn that you are finally able to reach back to dorm. Though you are alone in a room, you will now have a good ambiance with proper interaction with your friends. Its understandable that your exams are near and you got lots of assignments to be completed but dont get tensed with this stuffs and give foremost priority to your health and medication.
Best wishes.
- Letro

Unknown said...

@Langa... so glad to know that your prayers and wishes are with me..it means a lot for me.. i offer my sincere gratitude.. thank you so much.. keep visiting la..

Unknown said...

@ leoparsica.. ya bro.. i agree..exams are secondary and i didnt pay much heed though it alys harbour in me.. focusung more on my medication and doc. advice... thankyou bro.. for reminding me time and again..

Bottom Ad [Post Page]

| Designed by Colorlib