Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Shinawatra International University was founded under the wise vision “to establish the best possible university meeting high expectations” by Pol. Lt. Col. Dr.Thaksin Shinawatra, the ex-president of Thailand. Students and faculties are having a great life at SIU under his dynamic support and patronage. Well experienced professors, highly qualified lecturers, diligent staffs and regimented students gathered with a common goal to lead the world afar. 

However, there wasn’t any existing organization representing the students and neither have they taken part in decision making body. So as an international university I felt it was necessary to have such union not for obnoxious rationale or ethnic isolation but to promote and enhance international awareness, cooperation and understanding, cultural diversity among students on campus. And also to further unite and represent the university as one and only single body.

So while keeping in mind the rights of the students I have planned to set up an association under the name International Students Association and set the mission and vision as follows:

Mission:  To provide unified representation on matters relating to the diverse interests of the student; to educate one another about variations and similarities among the students; to provide a link between students in  order to learn and embrace the differences and likeness in one another while protecting and promoting students rights.
image from google
Vision: In representing student’s interest International Students Association enriches all aspects of student life with everyone aware and involved.

I took the initiative and invited all the international students for a gathering to discuss this issue. The turn up was amazing if not for those who are out of campus on weekends. I presented my work and asked whether they feel the way I feel, i.e. whether there is a need of such organization among the students. As expected there were couples of head amid the mass who are not in favor of my proposal. After repeatedly saying that I would appreciate and value their opinions they refused to point out the blunder rather beating around the bush verbalizing something gibberish. I wasn’t disappointed but I was curious to know what’s in their mind for I can’t read their mind.  Nevertheless, as more than two third of majority are in favor we have elected the President and Vice-president through secret ballot from the senior most students and founded ISA on 16/12/2011. By than the night was ageing so we dispersed keeping in due the election of committee members (comprising of all nationalities) and policy issues yet to be codified.

The day was tiresome and every cell of mine is yearning for relaxation yet my mind still ponder over those few heads not in favor of ISA. I really want to know what is appalling of my proposal for I can make some changes if necessary for the benefit of everyone. Truly I feel there isn’t any favoritism nor prejudice against any nationality after all it’s all about us (international students at SIU), for us and by us. No one is going to spearhead any action without passing through the channel of discussion among the international students.

Several days later, I have heard of those (who are not in favor of ISA) talking that I was vying for power. What a nuisance? Why they want to accuse me when I didn’t even think of it forget about vying for President-ship. What am I to do with power? What is the specialty being a President of ISA? For me that would be more of burden rather than power. Hundred and one such unanswered questions poked my mind. Any how the fact is I was interested in founding the union and not for power in any case. Without considering the fact that I am working for the good of all international students at SIU few of them tend to underestimate me. I would say such notion itself is an essence of dishonest and fraudulence in themselves. Seriously I don’t need any power as long as I have the right as a human being; no power is beyond that right. 

How so ever it is, their hostility didn’t discourage me or deter my proposal indeed alerted me to be watchful on such conception of homo-sapiens. Now I have forwarded the proposal to the Students Affair Department, let’s see what the higher authority has to say on it.





 have a nice weekend....

1 comment:

letro said...

Indeed that is a noble initiative you have carried out. Regarding the inaudible giggles that you hear from few, just ignore and go ahead with your plans. Appreciated. cheers to you bro.

Bottom Ad [Post Page]

| Designed by Colorlib