Post Page Advertisement [Top]

As usual in any other institutions SIU does have various kinds of club. The clubs advisors have introduced their club to the fresher’s for the first three weeks and let them decide to join any of the clubs as per their interest and awareness. But what makes it unique is, here the club do carries some credits and it is mandatory for every student to join at least a club. The club activities are usually held on every Wednesday of the week.
To emphasize on my weaknesses, sports were completely out of my domains, though I use to play sometimes, I have never participated in any of the competitions. To be frank enough I have never played a game (football, volleyball, basket ball... so on) wearing proper dress. All I did was watch while others play. Similarly I didn’t have any aptitude towards cultural activities during my school days. All I can remember is that I took part in couple of traditional Bhutanese dances while I was in 10th standard.

I don’t know why but my attitude and the resulting nature forbade me from engaging in certain activities which a normal person of my age would have taken as an enjoyment and time pass, from sitting idly in front of anyone.

image from google
However, realizing upon the olden days I now try building passion in every aspects of my life and inculcate the habit of participation in almost every events that occur at my sight. Amongst the various types of club that we have here kayaking is more appealing to me, though I have never seen before forget about trying it. Yet, it was never a difficult game. Watching over my friends, listening to the advisors and browsing for tips on internet has fascinated me a lot and now I can at least row independently.  
Last Wednesday, as scheduled in the course outline we had a kayaking coach, somewhere from Bangkok. In a way I was bit excited to hear and learn from him but to my astonishment he don’t speak English. In deed the lesson was all in Thai and I could hardly understand a word. So my friend sitting next to me had a difficult time translating his lecture. Nevertheless, he demonstrated his skills and showed us how to go about it. He was marvelous, very skilled and experienced and we could learn a lot from him, though it was very basics.
Towards the evening I had another exciting moment. In fact our club advisor has taken us for dinner outside the campus. I was the only foreign among them. They took me to a restaurant where we place the order and the waiters bring everything raw and we have to cook our self. The dining table itself was designed in such a way that they have a hole in the middle where they place the fire that we use for cooking. Everyone sits around the table, place their food over the fire and eat simultaneously. It was an amazing shared sense of culture in Thailand.

No comments:

Bottom Ad [Post Page]

| Designed by Colorlib