Post Page Advertisement [Top]


continuation of the previous post...

However much furious and in urgency we toil, we are lagging way behind so with no other ways and means we burdened ourselves with hefty homework. We hardly had a time to eat and sleep not to mention about chit chatting with friends and other leisure activities. Likewise we burnt the mid night fuel for almost two weeks. Nevertheless, it was worth enduring the turmoil. 

At the education fair selling the university to the prospective students

The three day exhibition turn out to be a huge success, thousands visited our booth, not less than four hundred signed for admission and few hundreds applied for scholarships. Probably that is what we have expected and at the end of the day we could proudly say we did it. Far above and beyond we are proud that we could do something for our university though in small capacities in presenting our university to the public in the most effective and efficient way. Having waved goodbye to the frantic event, I could feel the tranquility and peace in myself. Without any patience I jumped into my bed, which is one of my favorite relaxations. 

Gradually the dawn overcome the night and the sliver rays of the sun pierce through the window panes. I couldn’t wait to the see the morning glory, the blue ponds surrounding the campus remained so calm and cool, the chirping birds rose higher and higher pouring the sweet melody over the earth. “These birds are delivering the message from the god” I recall my mom’s dialogue during my early childhood days. 

Eyeing upon the inspiring tale of Robin S. Sharma, The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari, I took a walk towards the academic building. No sooner I stepped inside, somebody was ringing me. As expected it was my friend talking about the trip on the next day. Excited and anxious I was heading towards the library. Opps… I forgot to take my student ID card, the door have digital locking system and no one can enter without their Key Card (ID). So I had to wait for somebody else who comes with key card, and I waited though I was certain that it might take some time for its summer vacation, so not many are in the campus. Surely I wasn’t bored for I was reading Robin Sharma, I ended almost a chapter yet no body turned up. I knocked the door nobody responded from inside too. Despairingly I placed my hand over the switch box and amazing the door opened. I looked at my hand, apparently I wasn’t holding anything. With a broad smile on my face I entered and queried the Liberians. They said they will look into the matter and fix it soon, so I walked away from them. 


Before I could grab a sit on the couch, another lecturer of mine greets me from behind the bookshelf. We exchanged several words and subsequently he grabbed a sit beside me. We talked over a coffee and notwithstanding my excuses he recruited me immediately. Ahh.. I don’t feel comfortable working for several reasons, moreover summer vacation is a time of relaxation where most students go back home, spent their time with parents and re-energize themselves for the next session but at the same time I couldn’t say no to my lecturer. Furthermore, working would be an ideal opportunity for me to learn from experienced workers, acquire knowledge outside the classroom and to use my educational background and experience. Perhaps, it is simply the perfect time to put into practice what I have learned. I find myself even more passionate when I get to work with people of diverse backgrounds. For such experiences would be a catalyst to my career choice. I believe I have enough credentials and would be a great asset to his operation, while it would help me to expand my skills enormously. Though in times I feared he might ask me to do something that is beyond my knowledge and on the other hand I was afraid my friends might disrespect me for not keeping my words, for we have numerous other plans in hand. But by no means, I had to offer repeated apologies to my friends and reluctantly hold the chair with my lecturer. Thus robbed all my freedom (leisure time) and kept me engaged all the time. I am burdened yet is in a way I want to be, I believe I am blessed hence. 



Blessings…

No comments:

Bottom Ad [Post Page]

| Designed by Colorlib